ABOUT THE ARTIST
Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Shirell was surrounded by the entertainment industry. At a young age, she started doing "extra" work on film/TV sets. This was the beginning of Shirell's love for the industry.
Everything changed the day she walked into the makeup trailer - it was love at first sight. Soon after that, Shirell realized that she didn't want to be in front of the camera anymore, but behind the scenes as a professional makeup artist for film and television.
Shirell then studied beauty and character makeup at Make-Up Designory (MUD) in Los Angeles where she learned how to properly apply makeup specific to camera work.
Shirell has been working as a makeup artist since 2006 and is currently based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Beauty - Clean, natural, fashion, editorial, men's grooming
Character - Cuts, bruises, scratches, tears, sweat, aging, fantasy
Special Effects - Apply/paint/remove prosthetic pieces.
Shirell has worked as an artist on various film/tv sets, photoshoots, corporate videos, fashion events, and music videos. She has also been the lead makeup artist at a photography studio and was the Senior Artist at a leading cosmetic retail company,
Shirell specializes in makeup applications designed to be seen on camera. This includes the ability to correct the distortions caused by the camera lens and lights, design and convey the look and feel of a character, and create a beautiful aesthetic for commercial work.
REASONS TO HIRE
- Professionally trained by a top rated makeup school.
- Not limited to one style of makeup and knows how to adjust products and application techniques depending on whether it's for film or photography.
- Excels in interpreting the makeup requirements of clients to produce both a creative and technically accurate visual representation.
- Understands the importance of proper sanitation practices to keep her clients safe and maintains a clean, quality, professional makeup kit.
- Has the ability to work with time constraints and adapt to changes in situation.
- Arrives to every job prepared, clean, organized and easily able to communicate with the entire team.